Sunday, February 10, 2008

First new post in over a year.



So I haven't updated this in over a year. Some changes:

  • Moved to Clemson to build ADynammic (our new company) with Adam Steinberg (yellow shirt) and Chris Glace (the sunburned curmudgeon in the lovely ultramarine). Also pictured is my our friend but not co-founder Danny Mayes (sorry about the unfortunate zipper position Dan-- theres a episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm where Larry has the same problem).
  • I got an apartment in Central, SC which is nice enough but I have absolutely nothing on the walls and no dresser or trash cans(grocery bags on door knobs will suffice). I do have a new bed and my desk which is pretty much all I need). I kind of like the minimalist thing right now-- nothing to distract me on my walls and I don't want this too feel like a home (I know we disagree on this Lyndsey). I don't want this too feel like a home because it isn't supposed to be my home-- just a temporary living space on our way to better things. I like to keep the bare existence as motivation to stay focused on the company and get ourselves into YCombinator or TechStars (either would be great if anyone from either of these extraordinary organizations ever reads this) or to get the company going without angel funding and make the money to move to Boston or San Fransisco on our own revenue building.
  • I did have to stop being a YoungLife leader (here I am mentoring young Rhett Gibbs) at Dorman which is very regrettable but I think the guys will forgive me either when I am no longer poor or when they realize at 21 it is time to quit talking and incorporate!
  • I got a job at Jittery Joe's coffee shop in Clemson where I try my best to get in 40 hours-a-week filling in for people. I don't mind the work and I really like the deals I get. One free espresso drink and all the free coffee and tea I want while I'm working, and 50% off when I'm not working. I definitely like this job better than last years when I was driving for my dad. For one thing I only have to get up before 5am every now and then for this one instead of every day. Another is that I am around people my age instead of cranky secretaries and forklift drivers who pretend you don't exist so they can pretend to be important or whatever their reason. If you're in Clemson stop by Jittery Joe's and say hello-- I won't get you a discount but I will gladly accept your tips (and remember I have to split those with a backbreaking shift leader so don't be stingy).
  • Fortunately 2007-2008 (see last post) is proving to be much better to me as far as being a music fan. Artists such as M. Ward, Spoon, Shout Out Louds, Jose Gonzalez, Les Savy Fav, Of Montreal, Ryan Adams, Okkervil River, They Might Be Giants, Vampire Weekend, and Lightspeed Champion come to ming too literally name a few. Music is one of my favorite things in life and these tend too make me very satisfied.
Well I suppose that is all for now-- it is certainly more than I expected to write-- I'm not even sure why it hit me to update this, but it just hit me so here it is.

2 comments:

Adam Steinberg said...

Trey's taking it to a new level

Elleth said...

first of all, i dont think you should have the hype machine listed on your fav's list... too many people will go there and it will be closed down. which would break my heart.

secondly, [who cares about parallel structure] im glad you have good taste in music. love me some jose! :)